Learn about Pools and Spas
Depending on the size of your plumbing, we recommend either a Pentair Intelliflo® variable flow pump or a two speed pump (or motor) with the appropriate time clock.
Pentair’s Intelliflo® pumps are very quiet and save energy. They require 2” or greater plumbing to work correctly.
If your plumbing is 1 ½ “, then a two speed pump is best. If your pump is in good shape, then a two speed motor will work. A two speed pump or motor requires a time clock or control designed for two speeds. The speed can also be changed manually at the pump.
The best way to make sure you get the correct energy saving solution is to ask us to look at your pool, so we can install the correct solution.
Here are the advantages of the Intelliflo pump:
- Save up to 90% on electricity costs
- Qualifies for $300.00 Austin Electric Rebate when installed by a qualified company such as Hines Pool & Spa
- Brushless design
- Very quiet – 45 dB
- Totally enclosed fan design to keep water and bugs out
- Longer life than traditional designs
- Compatible with automatic controllers